Sunday, July 19, 2009

Our Garden




This is my second year with a vegetable garden. I love having a garden so much. This year we worked out a few kinks. I'm sure we have tons more to go but our garden is double the size it was last year. We have been picking peppers, squash, strawberries, onions, carrots, cilantro, a few peas and even a handful of tomatoes already. We have 13 tomatoe plants this year and they are all so heavily laden with tomatoes that I am surprised they stand. They are all turning white and some are starting to turn red too. I have over 200 tomatoes right now. Yeah for canning!!! Other than grasshoppers and snails I haven't had to many problems with bugs. We even have had a bunch of regrowth from last year. Pumpkin plants have come back and two cucumber plants. The pumpkin plants have tried taking over several spots but I have cut them back a few times. Anyway we are so happy to be able to have a garden while we rent and even more blessed for it to be doing so well. Grandma Faun I told you I would post pictures so here you go!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online