Friday, June 26, 2009

Seeing through the mist

This week has been full of surprises. The biggest has been the loss of my grandpa Lee Dahl. He passed away peacefully in his bed Tuesday morning. I wasn't as close to him as I am my other grandpa but none the less he has always been a part of life. My grandmother is doing as well as she can when you loose your best friend. The funeral is Saturday and I am getting more and more sensitive as it gets closer. I know he is in a better place and that we will see him again. But sometimes things can feel so final.

The past few years grandpa has really softening up and taken on a sweeter disposition than he had when I was growing up. I always saw him as a strong, formidable rock in the family. He reminds me so much of my dad. Tall, broad, strong and masculine. But he was only human right?! None the less I loved him as any grandchild would love their grandpa and will miss having him around at family functions always hovering over grandma like a shield to any thing unpleasant. He loved her so much. They were a beautiful example of how a married couple should respect and love one another. I can only hope that me and Chad will be like that when we are their age.

I know he is still watching over us. So for now I would just like to say I love you Grandpa and I will miss your funny remarks, bear hugs, and you constantly telling me how beautiful I am in yours eyes whenever I am around you. You were always supportive of me and I couldn't have asked for a better grandpa. Till we meet again!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online